The Matilda

The Matilda

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Fishing Tales continued.......

We received an email this evening from our very good friend Robin in response to an we sent him lamenting our lack of fishing prowess and suggesting that perhaps a hand grenade might be in order if we are to achieve our aim of 'catching' dinner. Robin's response is worth publishing!

"Ah, great minds obviously think alike - as if we didn't know. I tried to post something on your blog advising about the wonderful fishing properties there are in a very small lump of gelignite carefully place in blue-tack. But my ineptitude with blog postings resulted in my carefully considered fishing tips going the way of so many really constructive, imaginative and utterly brilliant ideas, up the chimney without trace."

So that's how it's done! Anyone else got any creative fish-catching ideas?

1 comment:

  1. I did forget a small but rather crucial detail. You'll also need a little detonator to push into the gellie but they're not too hard to come by. I've often wondered whether a nice percussive little firework would do the job. I've you notice my eyebrows missing when you get home you'll probably know why.

    ReplyDelete